The display on the panel of fiber optic amplifier is synchronized with the actual output. If the display on the panel is normal, it means the output of the fiber optic amplifier is normal. If the optical power drops or is not enough when testing the fiber optic booster amplifier in this case, the biggest possibilities are as follows.
1. The optical power meter is inaccurate. The domestic optical power meter can only test equipment with small optical power output, and cannot test the high-power output EDFA fiber amplifier. The optical power meter for testing the optical amplifier must be imported with the original packaging, and inaccurate instruments cannot be used as a standard.
2. The possibility of damage to the flange of the output port is relatively small.
3. The user uses improperly, plugging and unplugging while the machine is working, and thus burning the pigtail head of the output of fiber optic amplifier, causing the output power of the banner fiber optic amplifier to drop. If this happens, just re-splice the output connector of the fiber optic amplifier.
4. The quality of the pigtail used by the user is too poor, the fiber core is too long, and the output connector of the optical amplifier is scratched after the pigtail is inserted. If this phenomenon occurs, the first test is good, but the second time when it is inserted and tested again, the power has dropped. To solve this problem, just re-splice the output connector of the optical amplifier.
5. The wavelength of the light source is wrong. If the wavelength of the 1550nm optical transmitter deviates, the output optical power of the optical amplifier will be insufficient, and the panel display will also be small.
6. The optical power input to the fiber optic amplifier is small. If it is lower than the standard value, the optical power may become smaller, and the panel display will also become smaller.
1. Do not point the fiber output port to the human body, especially the eyes, to avoid damage.
2. Do not connect the router when the power is on, so as to avoid burns on the end face of the output pigtail due to improper operation.
3. Since the output power of fiber optic amplifier product is relatively large, please pay attention to the working room temperature of the machine when using it, and keep the room well ventilated.