Generally speaking, when it comes to the difference between industrial-grade fiber optic transceivers and commercial-grade fiber optic transceivers, a large part of customers only think that it is the size of the brand, craftsmanship, high and low temperature resistance, etc., but in fact the difference is not only surface. So, what is the difference between industrial-grade fiber optic transceivers and commercial-grade fiber optic transceivers? Next, let's follow SINTAI to learn more about it!
Industrial-grade fiber optic transceivers are functionally closer to industrial network communications, such as interconnection with various fieldbuses, equipment redundancy, and equipment real-time performance. The difference in performance is mainly reflected in the adaptability to external environmental parameters. In addition to many harsh environments such as coal mines and ships, industrial environments also have special requirements in terms of temperature, humidity and dust protection. Among them, temperature has a wide range of effects on industrial network equipment. The differences between industrial-grade fiber optic transceivers and commercial-grade fiber optic transceivers are as follows:
(1) Compared with commercial-grade fiber-optic transceivers, industrial fiber-optic transceiver products can meet the needs of industrial sites in terms of design and component selection, as well as product strength and applicability.
(2) Industrial fiber optic transceivers including mechanical environment adaptability, climatic environment adaptability, electromagnetic environment adaptability or electromagnetic compatibility should meet the standards.
(3) Industrial optical fiber transceiver products must adapt to the harsh environment of industrial control places.
(4) Most industrial fiber optic transceivers are designed with wide voltage.
(5) The power supply of industrial-grade optical fiber transceivers is generally designed as a redundant dual power supply, and the commercial-grade optical fiber transceivers are single power supply.
(6) The installation method of the industrial fiber optic transceiver is guide rail, rack, etc. The installation method of commercial grade fiber optic transceivers is desktop, rack.
(7) The operating temperature of industrial fiber optic transceivers is wide, while the operating temperature of commercial-grade fiber optic transceivers is narrow
(8) The cooling method of industrial fiber optic transceivers is fanless housing cooling, while commercial fiber optic transceivers are cooled by fans.
(9) The shell material of the industrial fiber optic transceiver is an alloy shell and a high-strength plastic shell with low strength.
(10) The industrial-grade fiber optic transceiver has a completely enclosed structure with good dust resistance.
(11) The recovery time of industrial optical fiber transceiver line failure is less than 300ms. Commercial grade fiber optic transceivers are longer.
From the above indicators, it is difficult for commercial-grade fiber optic transceivers to meet the needs of industrial environments. Therefore, in more and more industrial automation fields, many users choose to use industrial-grade fiber optic transceivers to ensure industrial security.